Turns out, six things.
I’ve been very busy lately at work. It’d be depressing to write a post about how crappy that is, so I’m going to write about what’s good about it:
- Seeing co-workers more frequently. It’s the nature of the business that I don’t see them very often, but during busy season I find myself heading back to the office when the client closes shop at 5pm. I’m not alone.
- Free food. I can’t work more to earn more with no overtime pay, but I can work more to pay less for necessities. Dinner is usually ordered at the office around 7-8pm.
- Hours. One of the experience requirements on the road to a CA is certain requirements to work so many audit, review, compilation and tax hours. During busy season, hours are plentiful.
- Avoiding rush hour traffic. You start early and end late, so the roads are pretty good when you’re on them. That really helps on the snow days.
- Winter. It’s the worst months of the year that you’re cooped up inside, and things are really laid back through the summer. If it has to be this way at some time of the year, they picked the best time.
- New faces around the office. We get new Co-op students each January, and older Co-ops start full time. The office is full of life.
There. That was a lot better than complaining.